Monday, February 1, 2010

Can't I Love You?


I know I'm too late to react on this..but I just finished watching "Queen Seon Duk" korean drama. Actually, I've seen this at mysoju.com last year, but when I saw the number of episodes (62 eps) I thought it could be boring to be that long. I resent what I did. I'm not exaggerating, but this drama is ...I dunno how to describe it, but I love it from beginning to end. Although the ending part was tragic, who could change it right?--it's part of Korean history, it would end the way it ended in reality; triumph and death.

My favorite characters were Deokman (Queen Seon Duk herself), Alcheon, Lady Mishil, Yushin and last but not the least, Bidam.
I like Deokman for her courage and wits. An extraordinary woman and a great ruler---no doubt about that.
Alcheon for his loyalty and fighting for what is right.
Yushin for supporting Deokman all the way.
Lady Mishil for her devotion and wits. Even though she's the antagonist, like Deokman, she's just fighting for what's important to her; her loyal people and Silla. But there was one thing I didn't like about her..abandoning Bidam, and killing without resent.
Bidam for being devoted to the one he loves, for being a great fighter, for being him in front of Deokman. Honestly, I pitied him..why? All his life, no one cared for him, nobody needed him. His mother abandoned him, Lord Munno never treated him as his own son, he never taught Bidam what's right and wrong, he never acknowledged Bidam's efforts. He didn't feel secured nor loved, until Deokman came into his life.
But it seemed everything was against them. It would've been a happy ending for the two of them.



In the end, the unification of the three kingdoms (Silla, Baekje, Goguryeo) was fulfilled during Kim ChunChu's reign (it's not shown in the drama).

I cried even before Bidam died. It's really sad. It made me want to jump in the screen and hug Bidam. It made me want to kill all the people hindering him and Deokman. Korean dramas never fail to make me cry. Waaahhhh my chest hurts until now, I need to distract myself from this drama or my heart will suffer. It's too early to have any heart ailment (lol + sob= crazy).

I suggest you guys watch it if you haven't yet. It's worth watching. ^^ Plus.. you'll have a brief knowledge about this part of Korean history.

They even made the actor Kim Nam Gil (Bidam) and Lee Yo Won (Deokman) sing for the drama's OST. I bet it was sold out!

Mr. Kim sang "Can't I Love You?" (from Bidam to Deokman):








and Ms. Lee sang "Bidam" (from Deokman to Bidam).









This is Bidam's song's translation:

Even it is so painful, I can’t feel it
Even I’m waiting for you and you wouldn’t come
Even I think of you with shaking so badly, I can’t feel it
Since the day I put your heart in my mind
I can’t put my heart else where
Even if it hurts and breaks my heart apart, I won’t close my heart
I am who was living in a lonely world
You’re the only one who can make me smile
Can’t I love you? Can you come to me?
Just for once, can you hug me in you arms?
You’re the only one I love
Can’t you accept my heart?
The reason why I’m still breathing in this terrible loneliness
It’s all because of you
Can’t I love you? Can you come to me?
Once again, can you hug me in your arms?
You’re the only one I love
For the first time and last time
Even you’re alive, you can’t be held in my arms
Even you throw my heart away from your mind
Can’t I love you? Even if I’m just behind your back
Distantly, I just can look at you from afar
Even if I just can protect your shadow
Even like this, it’s alright.. even only I love you, it’s okay

No comments:

Post a Comment